Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
SQLGuy Veteran Member • Posts: 8,535
Re: Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

Michail71 wrote:

Tim O'Connor wrote:

mfenske wrote:

I'm beginning to think Sony isn't ever going to develop a model with a proper sized grip (more depth) and a body with a tilty/flippy screen so if this has those I'd give it a look.

The A7r4 has a fantastic grip - If you mean a fully articulating screen, then no I doubt they will. Not a fan of them myself.

No doubt the grip is so much better! But it could still be bigger to help balance out the size of the lenses. I jumped into Sony on the A73 and had to return it for the A7R4 because the grip and controls were so bad.

The times so far I've wanted an articulating screen have been when working with wild life so I can shoot facing away. Animals get nervous when you face them head on. It's generally viewed as an aggressive move in the animal kingdom.

Or just using Imaging Mobile Remote to compose on your phone with the camera wherever you want it. Under your arm. On a tripod. Whatever.

-- hide signature --

A7R2 with SEL2470Z and a number of adapted lenses (Canon FD, Minolta AF, Canon EF, Leica, Nikon...); A7R converted to IR.

SQLGuy's gear list:SQLGuy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon EOS-1D Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Kodak DCS460 +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow