Does the new R5 change your roadmap?

Started 4 days ago | Discussions thread
sosh
sosh Regular Member • Posts: 150
Re: Does the new R5 change your roadmap?

nnowak wrote:

LMOE wrote:

nnowak wrote:

justmeMN wrote:

MAC wrote:

the f7.1 lenses they are releasing suggest crop cameras are done

Entry-level APS-C: M50 (with lens), $599.99

Entry-level FF: RP (body only), $999.00

(Current prices on Canon USA website.)

There have been a lot of rumors that an even cheaper RF mount body is in the works. This new 24-105mm f/4.0-7.1 will likely only be $150 to $200 in a kit. Put those two together and you will have a full frame kit with a street price easily under $1000.

So, are you suggesting that they abandon the ~$500-$600 camera market? That is a significant volume market.

They might not hit $500 right away, but $750 full frame is definitely within reason. Just stripping the EVF from the RP would pretty much get you there if you look at the price differential between the original M5 and M6

Exactly my thoughts. IF Canon will move RP or some future beginner's R  camera to $800 range it will be a breakthrough. Thinking about more modern RP w/o EVF, basic controls etc. - i.e. R-style Rebel. IF it will be reality - I'll be in, with such price tag and a set of very good manual lenses)

sosh's gear list:sosh's gear list
Canon EOS M6 Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow