Test shots with 1DX3

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gimp_dad Senior Member • Posts: 1,864
Test shots with 1DX3

Took a couple of shots at lunch with the new 1DX3.  I happened to have my EF400/4DOII + 2x III with me.  That lens combination is a tough one as it pushes the limits of aperture and IQ but here a couple of attempts.

AF speed in classical setup seems faster than the 1DX2 which is a nice to see.  Haven't  tried any of the automatic tracking modes yet.  Just did expanded point and small group.

The 16fps has a very satisfying sound to it.

This first one was a big surprise.  I don't know if I have ever seen a bald eagle here in Silicon Valley. I had heard they were starting to show up here and there but hadn't seen any nearby.  Saw it from a long distance at the very top of a dead tree and literally ran the quarter mile to get close.

Sorry, no good BIF opportunities yet.

I was using dual 512GB Sandisk CFexpress cards and used a Sandisk reader I had already bought on Amazon (it appears to be the same as the one that came with the camera but I haven't opened that one yet.  The download was extremely fast.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow