Fujifilm X-E3 "hot pixels" suddenly started out of nowhere?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
amatecha
amatecha New Member • Posts: 20
Fujifilm X-E3 "hot pixels" suddenly started out of nowhere?

I was just taking some photos of a bouquet of roses, and literally between taking one shot and another, a whole ton of "hot pixels" suddenly have started appearing in my photos, completely out of nowhere, after having taken many thousands of photos with this camera.  I was in the menus for a while just customizing my Q Menu to fine-tune it a bit, but that's it. I was looking at the RAFs of the photos in Capture One and suddenly there are these huge bright blue, red or white splotches (not just one pixel but multi-pixel "blobs").

Even more strange, the pixels/blobs actually shift in position. This is pretty nuts.

I tried taking a couple shots with another lens but the problem seemed to be less with another lens.

The camera did feel quite warm - could this be why? Still, I have been out in the summer taking hundreds of photos and NEVER seen this once -- and I pixel-peep every single photo I edit in Capture One , I would notice this 1000% if it happened before.

I ran pixel mapping and the problem is maybe gone now?  I can't tell for sure.  It's not entirely gone, and the "hot pixels" that are showing are moving a bit as well.

Gotta head out but here are the two photos in succession showing the sudden hot pixels

Perfectly fine photo, no hot pixels whatsoever

Next photo...  tons of hot pixels out of nowhere

amatecha's gear list:amatecha's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Sony RX100 Sony RX100 III +2 more
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow