Panasonic exposure compensation?

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
OP Henry Richardson Forum Pro • Posts: 17,220
Re: FYI

alcelc wrote:

Henry Richardson wrote:

... The EC scale, shutter speed scale, and aperture scale are annoyingly still there,

You can switch it off: Custom Menu, Exp Meter P.5 item 5.

Switching off the Exposure Meter will give us a cleaner screen.

Thanks for that tip!  Also the one below.  I have that option on my TX1 and I use it there also.

BTW, I suppose you know it already, just in case... Under Setup Menu, P.4, item 3, we can set "EC = Reset". Doing so everytime we power on our camera the EC will default to 0ev. It could be very useful sometimes.

I only have 1 battery so I bought these 2 batteries and charger today and they will probably be delivered tomorrow:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/Newmowa-DMW-BLE9E-DMW-BLG10-Panasonic-DMC-LX100/dp/B07WMP3XVJ/

I also use the Dual Slot USB external charger for some years already. It can fully charge 2 batteries by around 3~3.5 hours. Using USB adapter on AC power might be faster by around 10~15 mins than 5V 2A output USB external power bank. Although I use a different brand (should be made by the same manufacturer?), it is very safe.

However, the pair of batteries as per the link are BLE9, a battery of lower capacity than the BLG10 (940mAh vs 1025mAh), is originally for the older models like GF3 etc...

These 2 models are fully compatible to each other, and in real life the difference is not very big especially on generic batteries. Back to the GF3, GX7 and GX85 days, I shared 8 batteries among the 3 cameras (2 main cameras + 1 backup): 2 genius BLE9 and 2 generic BLE9, 2 genius BLG10 and 2 generic BLG10 for years without major issue.

Oh well, I didn't realize the battery difference, but as you say, it isn't such a big a deal.  They are supposed to arrive today by Japan Post and it is 1:45 pm so should be soon.

-- hide signature --

Henry Richardson
http://www.bakubo.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow