Another case of the E-M5iii tripod mount failing

Started 3 days ago | Discussions thread
400trix
400trix Contributing Member • Posts: 845
Re: Just love the justification.

The point of using an RRS plate is that it doesn’t need to be torqued to within an inch of its life to be stable, thanks to the the lip that snugs up against the body. Just put a bit of beeswax (or blue loctite if you are feeling brave), and you don’t have to tighten as much, because it looks to me like the socket is pulling out. No way to know without testing to destruction though. I would hope Olympus has started doing these tests.

By the by, this is the sort of thing that it used to be SOP to work with the manufacturer to find a solution, and only publicize it if there was no path to satisfaction, or go public after a solution is found. Right now, we don’t really know whether this is a manufacturing defect that only affects a few samples, or a serious design flaw that affects all cameras. Or something in between. That is Olympus’ job to determine. I just hope they figure it out and provide a fix.

-- hide signature --

Archer in Boulder
God loves the noise just as much as the signal.

400trix's gear list:400trix's gear list
Olympus E-300 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow