I am REALLY tired of this SONY blows Fuji out of the water ... (incl blind-test)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
deednets Forum Pro • Posts: 10,443
I am REALLY tired of this SONY blows Fuji out of the water ... (incl blind-test)

... really tired.

An explanation?

Part One:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/63638347

"The Sony A74 with battery is 665 grams and that camera blows the Fuji out of the water."

The OP possibly meant either the A7III or the A7RIV. But either way, I would question this. I had the A7III and have used it in the studio as well as for landscapes. Results of both cameras were inconclusive at best with a HUGE nod to the Fujis when it comes to user interface.

Part two:

I had a brief conversation with some people here in Auckland on Friday and there was some opinion that SONY is the brand to beat these days regarding image quality ... I mentioned Fuji and the yawning began ... (exaggerating here!!)

In case you haven't seen my examples here they are again:

Taken within a couple of minutes, so far from scientific. BUT: I have a few hundred other photos from the same shoot so those shots above are rather representative for the look of both cameras.

Again: how much more money would YOU pay for the better image (provided you wouldn't discard both of course!!!).

But one of the cameras blowing the other "out of the water" ... really?

If so: which one?

*rantover*

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow