Fuji - Acros wow

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Tom Schum
Tom Schum Veteran Member • Posts: 9,256
Re: Fuji - Acros wow

I've been appreciating Acros with my X-T3.  Great and subtle grain there too, but to see it I have to turn off the X-T3 "grain effect".  I could shoot monochrome with "grain effect" turned on, but it isn't as good as Acros grain.

If I develop my raws (shooting Acros and saving Raw+JPG) and choose Acros as the film sim in the raw developer, I don't get the grain.  It is only in the in-camera JPGs.  Funny.  I've been using the Fuji/Silkypix free raw developer.  So, because of this I like the JPGs from the camera better than raws.

Lately I've been shooting ISO bracketed Acros, which makes three JPG and/or Raw copies of the image (just one shutter click) at different ISOs.  Then I can bring the JPGs directly into HDR software.  Loving this.

Sometimes I'll take the raw and develop it in color, depending on the content.  It's nice to have this resource, even though it saves to the SD card a bit slower.

I have not heard that cameras from other manufacturers do ISO bracketing.  It's the closest thing I've found to "single-shot HDR".

Good luck and happy shooting!

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum
Copper: Mankind's favorite electrical conductor

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Sigma dp0 Quattro Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma sd Quattro Fujifilm X-T3 +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow