Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
sportyaccordy Forum Pro • Posts: 16,012
Re: Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

PWPhotography wrote:

sportyaccordy wrote:

I've already adapted the EF 70-200 2.8 III on the R, and it works well. MUCH better than any adapted teles did on LA-EA3 style Sony adapters.

How well, in static AF-S?

No, continuous shooting in AF-C with moving subjects.

How many Canon sport PJs shooting adapted long lenses on EOS R? Zero, basically. FE 70-200 GM on A7r IV or A9 beat your set out of water in AF-C tracking.

That is not even a super-tele lens. Try 400L/2.8 IS III, 500L/4.0 IS II and 600L/4.0 IS III adapted on EOS-R in sport and fast BIF.

Are you a sports PJ or wildlife shooter? Why are you so concerned with their needs?

The same Canon and Nikon stay in their comfortable DSLR formula, 1Dx III and D6. Don't think this R5 can compete to 1Dx III, D6 and A9/II, wait and see if it even can compete to A7r IV?

How are they staying comfortable? They both just released FF MILC systems and Canon in particular has been aggressive in updating it.

The more interesting camera to me is the R6- basically looks like a real answer to the A7III based on the rumors. I just got my R and am happy with it though so no big rush.

R6, another vaporware? So far only heard much hyped R5.

Nothing is as hyped as Sony The same sources that reported the R5 before this press release are reporting the R6 and a high resolution RF body too.

Sony is hailed with so many innovations in last several years, as also said by DPR. As a matter of fact I have purchased so many Sony bodies and lenses in last 5 years, virtually zero on Canon gear (except two Canon refurbished EF lenses that I sold later and replaced by Sony counterparts).

Why does what you've purchased matter? And innovating isn't necessarily the same as making good cameras.

-- hide signature --

Sometimes I take pictures with my gear- https://www.flickr.com/photos/41601371@N00/

sportyaccordy's gear list:sportyaccordy's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS II USM Canon 70-200 F2.8L III Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow