No wonder Sony did not bother...

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
Lawn Lends
Lawn Lends Senior Member • Posts: 2,083
Re: No wonder Sony did not bother...

ilumo wrote:

Jonneymendoza2 wrote:

As in, bothered to produce a bigger upgrade spec on the A9mk2!!

BOth the D6/1dx3 are a let down spec-wise!

I cant blame sony for just doing small updates on it as they probably knew the 1x3/d6 would barely be a upgrade to the previous version of those cameras(which the original A9 already blew away)

And this is why competition matters. We should all want the other team to do well or you just stagnate. I’m excited to see what the R5 brings to the table. Even though I have a lowly a7r4 (compared to r5 specs)

I am excited too. While the specs look great, pricing is the joker in the deck. Nobody knows (maybe even Canon doesn't know) what the initial R5 price will be:

• If it comes in around $3,500, it will do very very well,
  • between $3,500 and $4,000, it will still do well, unless Sony drops the price of the A7R4 to around $3,000, then it will do okay,
  • over $4,000 it will do okay as long as that price is lowered to around $3,500 around black Friday/Christmas, after the initial adopters are soaked, and, once again as long as Sony doesn't undercut it by cutting the A7R4 to around $3k.
 Lawn Lends's gear list:Lawn Lends's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony a7R III
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow