Does the new R5 change your roadmap?

Started 4 days ago | Discussions thread
rick9814911 Regular Member • Posts: 129
Re: Does the new R5 change your roadmap?

MAC wrote:

rick9814911 wrote:

It doesn't really change anything for me. I had the RP and with the lenses it was just too heavy, and not enough of a jump in image quality to make it worth it. The M50 is still my favorite camera.

I do wish Canon would focus on the M system at least a little. Who knows if it has a solid future. I think Canon would be pretty dumb to give up on the M system,

where is the bright zoom glass for the m?

No one claimed there was an M bright zoom. If you wanted one you could adapt one from the EF-S mount. Like all bright zooms though, it wouldn't be light. I personally don't carry a fast zoom.  It's not worth the weight for me. If I want good low light, I use a prime. If you wanted a fast native zoom for APS-C, you could check out Fuji or Sony. Or MFT if you're OK with an even smaller sensor.

unless they made an APS-C version of the R mount.

will not happen

birders use APS-C reach and prefer OVF

Well I'm glad you can predict the future. Because I can't. And I'm not sure if you've talked to all birders or not, but I would imagine at least some might like an EVF. It's not like all photographers only photograph one thing. And I see tons of bird photos in the mirrorless forums.

rick9814911's gear list:rick9814911's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Canon EOS M50 Canon EOS RP Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow