Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
PWPhotography Veteran Member • Posts: 9,304
Re: Not competition to A9/A9II

Trollmannx wrote:

The Davinator wrote:

This announcement from Canon has sure triggered some Sony users to go on uber defensive mode.

Just as expected ... and uber mode warranty some good and entertaining fun!

Someone just like to downplay Sony regardless.

Good for Canon users that they now get a mirrorless sports and wildlife camera, but guess it will be priced for enthusiasts.

We don't know yet on the paper spec. I doubt this camera can shoot 20fps with 40+mp and in what buffer depth? Otherwise why Canon and Nikon top real sport cameras only have 20mp in order to shoot 16/14fps? So don't jump on conclusion too soon.

A9 and A9 II have 24mp and very deep 240-RAW buffer (although it's compressed 12-bit RAW that has basically no IQ loss in its applications of sports and wildlife).

For those of us locked into the Sony ecosystem (gone a bit wild buying lenses) I guess what Sony has to offer will make us happy.

I am truly enjoying my Sony system and generating photos, unlike someone who don't own either system and unlikely will even buy this R5, that is hilarious.

And happily Sony does NOT stop innovation now that they get the competition they have been looking for the last five years - the race us on, good for us all.

We can sure about. Sony has technology, Canon and Nikon don't have yet such as stacked-sensor. I am sure Sony is working on A9 III and A7r V.

There are lots of hype in this R5 camera that we only know after it's actually released and tested. Hope Canon will not let its customers down another time.

PWPhotography's gear list:PWPhotography's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Sony a9 Sony a7R III Sony a7R IV Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow