Marking Picks for WiFi Transfer on A7 or A9?

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Sam Bennett
Sam Bennett Veteran Member • Posts: 4,413
Marking Picks for WiFi Transfer on A7 or A9?

Hey everyone -

I'm an Olympus user contemplating jumping ship to Sony - either the A7 III or A9. I do a lot of event shooting and one of the features I love with my E-M1's is their system for allowing you to mark "picks" with their "Share Order" functionality. As you're reviewing photos you can tap the "Share Order" icon, which will mark it for later sharing over WIFi.

So, an example workflow is that during an all day sporting event, I will review photos during downtown (between plays, periods, etc) and quickly mark any "picks" that stand out to me. Once I have more downtime, I connect my phone via WiFi, and the Olympus app automatically prompts me to only download the photos I've marked as picks. Once the photos are down downloading, I can opt to have the app reset the Share Order. I can then do some quite processing via SnapSeed and share via whatever social media I'm using for the event.

I love this workflow, and it leads me to my question (thanks for getting this far): Can I do something like this on any of the A7 or A9 cameras? As far as I can tell, the answer is no - if I understand correctly I can choose to either transmit one photo, or in one process select multiple images and upload. If I have to go back to shooting or the transfer fails, I have to start from scratch. This is not quite as refined as the Olympus approach, which I see as pretty ideal.

Am I missing something?

-- hide signature --
 Sam Bennett's gear list:Sam Bennett's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Rokinon 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye CS +4 more
Olympus E-M1 Sony a7 Sony a7 III Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow