yray
yray Senior Member • Posts: 2,073
Re: Two pictures are worth a truckload of words

T O Shooter wrote:

VBLondon wrote:

T O Shooter wrote:

VBLondon wrote:

yray wrote:

All of these statements might be true but not necessarily meaningful unless one either crops a lot, prints very large, or has pixel peeping as a favorite pastime.

Nope, my Z85 1.8S makes easily visible better pictures than my 85 1.8D in normal viewing on the normal screen I look at.

Instead of saying it, put up side by side images. Let us decide if the lenses make the image.

I'm of the belief it doesn't. But you have an opportunity here to change my mind.

Happy to leave your mind unchanged.

For very good reason, I suspect. Kind of a lame reply on your part.

My guess is that, unless with the sole purpose to argue on this forum, one is not gonna purposefully do a side by side. So you end up comparing shots taken under different lighting conditions, with different subjects, at different apertures, etc. So your judgment ends up being based on comparing in aggregate, and you subjectively decide that you like one aggregate better than the other.

And even if you go through the effort of doing a side by side, the subject would likely be trivial and conditions limited. Even the same camera/body combination would yield markedly different results depending on the subject, settings, and shooting conditions. There is not much science to it beyond learning to use your gear in an optimal way, and choosing the right gear for the subject and the shooting conditions.

-- hide signature --

A Canon G5 and a bit of Nikon gear.
---------------------------
All cameras are so good nowadays, that the good stuff is kinda "given" or "expected". It is the limitations that get to you when you use them in real world situations. Windsurfer LA

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow