Reception for the 1.3 looks pretty hostile...

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
Ben Herrmann
Ben Herrmann Forum Pro • Posts: 21,006
First of all...

Louis, it's so damned good seeing you again. Remembering the ole' days on the Olympus talk forum (back in the good ole' regular 4/3 days), many of your posts were hilarious, yet interesting at the same time. And to this date, I still chuckle when I think about that one photo you posted over a decade ago where you're in a pub (or something like that), and you managed to take a dozen or so photos where you're standing in different spots - binding them all together resulting an image that had close to a dozen of you - haaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Back to the E-M Mk III, regardless of what camera is released, people will b-i-t-c-h and moan ad nauseum about certain features that may be lacking (to them. Of course, this gives the impression that there's not a lot of interest in the camera - but that couldn't be further from the truth.

Lots of folks - mostly current M43 users - will eventually find a way to gravitate to this model. I see this behavior on all the forums to be sure. Now I must admit that in recent years, I've been gradually shifting my attention away from M43 although I still use a variety of their cameras (E-M5, E-P5, E-M10 II, and the Pen F). My main focus (squeeze) is now Fuji and although I'm extremely satisfied with all of my Fuji X series cameras, there are those who will moan and berate the system on the Fuji forums. Yet interestingly enough, a few months later, whoa and behold, the same moaners wind up purchasing the cameras in question and begin singing their praises - now go figure.

For me, I'd love to get an updated E-M1 Mk II - but being fully retired and now on a limited income, my GAS doesn't translate well into reality, and that $1799 price tag is beyond my reach for now.

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Panasonic FZ1000 Canon EOS M Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-PL7 +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow