P950 and chromatic aberrations

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CrisL Contributing Member • Posts: 613
P950 and chromatic aberrations

You probably known that I was surprised by the lack of chromatic aberrations on most of the first pictures we saw

So I wanted to understand and did a test I known well comparing the P1000 and the P950

And in fact it looks I was dreaming of a miracle and there is no miracle

From this test I will said the chromatic aberrations and probably the noise are very similar for the FL 2000mm which is not a bad news

To check I developed the RAWS with capture NX D limiting the standard Noise reduction and removing the lateral chromatic aberrations correction

In fact this CA is mainly appearing as usual in the corners of the pictures more than in the center and is largely corrected by Capture NX D as it is on the SOOC jpg inside the cameras. It's also what I initially saw on the Ephotozine tests pictures

The exposures are different but we can see the color fringes are quite similar

P1000 left  P950 right

So now let's go to real photos

CrisL's gear list:CrisL's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic FZ80/FZ82 Nikon Coolpix P1000 Nikon D300S +4 more
Nikon Coolpix P1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow