Reception for the 1.3 looks pretty hostile...

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
SkiHound Veteran Member • Posts: 3,762
Re: Reception for the 1.3 looks pretty hostile...

There was so much change in both features and sensors when digital first hit the market. Sensor development was progressing fast and each new camera bright improvements in resolution and noise. Somewhere I read that with current technology there's not much more efficiency to extract. Perhaps someday we'll see an organic sensor or something that has a much higher signal to noise ratio. But that's been rumored to be right around the corner for years. I suspect there's just not much headroom for that these days. If a camera shoots 20 fps, 24 doesn't seem like much. If a camera provides 5 stops of IBIS, 6 stops doesn't seem like a dramatic change. I do think that introducing a distinctly new sensor is good marketing. It at least makes people think there will be significant improvements to IQ, even if tangible differences are largely mute. I just think that changes in bodies are pretty incremental at this point in the evolution of digital cameras. And folks, especially those reading DPR, expect dramatic change with each generation.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow