Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
sportyaccordy Forum Pro • Posts: 16,012
Re: Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

PWPhotography wrote:

sportyaccordy wrote:

Tim O'Connor wrote:

juanmaasecas wrote:

I will be switching for sure, I just wanted an Eos R with ibis, so this one is even too much for me. Let’s see how The R6 is, or I will just wait one year for the price to go a bit down and more lenses (let’s see if samyang releases my 85 1.4 for the RF mount) come to the system.

*joke alert* *joke alert*

But who will complain about Sony skin tones when you move to the EOSR forum? We have lost GrapeJam already...:)

On a more serious note I cant see any third party AF lenses coming out for a long time - but who knows?

The temporary workaround for third parties is to make the lenses look like adapted EF glass. They will lose HSD and probably the more intricate IS + IBIS functionality but outside of that they get everything. Native grade video AF and very usable continuous shooting AF- a huge contrast from adapting on most Sony bodies. It's really nice to be able to grab a ~$700 2.8 tele zoom and actually track action with it.

Try to adapt any Canon super-tele lenses on EOS R

I've already adapted the EF 70-200 2.8 III on the R, and it works well. MUCH better than any adapted teles did on LA-EA3 style Sony adapters.

or wait to see R5 and how it works in fast moving subjects in sport and wildlife, good luck Otherwise why Canon even needs to develop 1Dx III?

To give Canon users more choices? The big irony in you bringing up pros is they don't chase specs and newness like you do. There are pros still making money with 1, 2, 3 generation old pro bodies. They go with what works. All the companies know this, which is why their pro cameras don't change much generation to generation. Even Sony didn't mess with the A9 too much.

The more interesting camera to me is the R6- basically looks like a real answer to the A7III based on the rumors. I just got my R and am happy with it though so no big rush.

R6, another vaporware? So far only heard much hyped R5.

Nothing is as hyped as Sony The same sources that reported the R5 before this press release are reporting the R6 and a high resolution RF body too.

-- hide signature --

Sometimes I take pictures with my gear- https://www.flickr.com/photos/41601371@N00/

sportyaccordy's gear list:sportyaccordy's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS II USM Canon 70-200 F2.8L III Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow