A1000 questions

Started 5 days ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
arrow501 Contributing Member • Posts: 780
A1000 questions

How far in to the zoom range does the minimum focus distance exceed one metre? I like to take photos of butterflies and my current long zoom cameras can focus as close as one metre at around 600mm which feels about right for me.

What is the focus speed like and is there much shutter lag?

Is auto exposure and auto white balance reliable? I have a Sony RX100 which I think I will sell because it often underexposes shots and the auto white balance sometimes is way off. My old Canon SX240 has spoiled me, it gets exposure and white balance correct most of the time and when it gets it wrong it isn't too far off.

Does the aperture close quickly as you zoom? How much can you zoom before it gets to f5.6?

I've never owned a Nikon. I used a P900 for a week a couple of years ago and I enjoyed using it. I liked how a histogram popped up when the exposure compensation button was pressed, does the A1000 do that? Is the screen and EVF similar to the P900?

Is there any difference in image quality between camera jpegs and raws edited with Nikon's software?

I think that's all 🤔 If I think of anything else I can add it later 😄😉

arrow501's gear list:arrow501's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX200 IS Canon PowerShot A1200 Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Coolpix A10 Nikon Coolpix A100 Nikon Coolpix P90 Nikon Coolpix P900 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow