Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
joger
OP joger Veteran Member • Posts: 5,813
Re: Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

sportyaccordy wrote:

The 24-70/4 was bad. 35 1.8 was very late and very expensive. Etc. etc. Canon RF lens releases have been much more consistent, logical, high quality and reassuring of Canon's commitment and capabilities.

That's probably a misconception of the target audience.

Sony probably does not have the low end market as first priority. Sony understands that for a foreseeable future the PRO market in sports and action is split between the CaNikon and the low end market is in Fuji and Olympus territory - hard to compete with them in pricing and rather low attractive from a margin side.

I am pretty certain that Sony has the Semi-PRO and wealthy amateur segment as target.

For this target audience the lens and camera portfolio makes a lot of sense.

I perceive Sony as the poor man's Leica with lots of advantages and minor shortcomings.

The 35 f/1.8 was probably never the most strategic need from Sony's side.

A modernized ZA 35 would make a lot of sense with the learning curve Sony has been through.

I predict that we'll probably see a good deal of the indicated missing six lenses being top notch performers rather then entry level low cost lenses.

In a shrinking market (almost) the only consequent move.

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." Douglas Adams

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Sony a7R III Zeiss Loxia 21mm F2.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow