Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
Tim O'Connor
Tim O'Connor Veteran Member • Posts: 5,482
Re: Let me help you.

Mike Fewster wrote:.

Please note and read what I said carefully. The Canon looks nice and is getting into the same competition as the Sony. That's significant I guess but really, it is only playing catch up.

The Oly is breaking interesting new ground. I'm a Sony FF user and that suits some of my particular needs. But I sure find the following more interesting than the Canon specs. Also please note, I am not saying that the Oly would be my first choice of camera, I need FF. It is just that I find the following more interesting than the Canon specs (as far as we know them.)

7 stop IBIS. It was always very good on Oly, now 4 second hand held is claimed. You can hand hold that thing while doing pixel shift. And 80megapixel equivalent is claimed if you put it on a tripod.

Then there is focus bracketing. Please Sony, please...

It also has the best sensor cleaning available and they say it has been improved on this model.

Anyone else who would like that star sky AF system as well.

The ND filter system is very cool.

Then look at its weather sealing. IPX1 rated. Yes please.

All of these would be amazing, and I would take them over 8K any day of the week

-- hide signature --
 Tim O'Connor's gear list:Tim O'Connor's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon D500 Sony a7R IV Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow