Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
MILC man Senior Member • Posts: 3,732
Re: Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

SQLGuy wrote:

tqlla wrote:

MILC man wrote:

tqlla wrote:

sportyaccordy wrote:

tqlla wrote:

TRIODEROB wrote:

you guys crack me up - they say that the Rats are first to abandon a sinking ship

all Canon had to do is announce a camera that's more advanced than anything Sony is offing now and you are gone …………………..

I agree that its just specs on paper and I would need to see how it performs.

But I dont see any reason to be loyal to E-mount, when Sony has put hurdles in the way of switching(3FPS, CDAF only video, locked focus modes and areas). If Sony doesnt want me as an E-mount customer, then why should I have any loyalty to them?

The LA-EA3($180) performs worse than the Sigma MC-11, and the LA-EA4($300) is using AF from 2010. On the other hand Canon has native like performance with their adapter, and their adapter($99) is usually included free.

To be fair, to a degree you can't expect Sony to fully support A mount through E mount forever.

When did they ever fully support A-mount to E-mount transition? The MC-11 and Metabones dont have the limitations that the Sony adapters do.

yes, they do have the same limitations as a-mount, since they both emulate laea3 functionality with non-sigma lenses.

The Metabones iv and v can shoot at 10FPS on the A7iii.

only with certain lenses... for the rest, it's "Max 3fps with A7III", read the product page, it's loaded with caveats with the two different modes, it doesn't always emulate native e-mount.

the mc-11 can do 10fps on the a7iii with compatible sigma glass, it's fully compatible.

I am pretty sure the LAEA3 cannot do that.

it can on the a9, and it's every bit as good as the mc-11, if the lens is capable of equal performance.

I have also watched metabones adapted video Continuous AF, while slow, its still way better than not being able to do continuous AF at all.

Correct. And the MC-11 with Sigma GV lenses emulates native, which I think is what Metabones does. I don't have a Metabones but get much better than LA-EA3 performance and functionality with the MC-11 and Sigma 100-400 and 70-200.

you are on an a7rii, the third-gen bodies are much better with adapters, and sigma lenses are generally newer designs than the old a-mount glass.

On the other hand, I just watched a review comparing AF hit rates with several lenses and the EOS R vs. 6DII. Canon's adapted performance isn't perfect either. Some lenses, like the 85/1.2L, did a lot worse on the R.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow