Does the new R5 change your roadmap?

Started 4 days ago | Discussions thread
Johnrr44 Regular Member • Posts: 128
Re: Does the new R5 change your roadmap?

Change my roadmap?  I'm parked in a roadside rest area.  Got a 5D mk4 for wildlife and larger than 11X14 prints of landscape.  Got a M5 with the 22mm, 15-45mm  and the 18-150mm for (non-photocentric) travel and casual family photos,  (My Samsung S10 is for when you gotta' "love the one you're with."  Samsung S20 isn't going to make me sell my M5.)

I will wait up to 2021 for a M5 mk2 with IBIS and incremental IQ improvements over the M6 mk2,  If a M5 mk2  doesn't come out by this time next year, I'll probably get a M6 mk2, but no more lenses.  If a M5 mk2 with IBIS does emerge, and Canon comes thru with a 15-75mm IS with very good IQ, I'll get those and a MF 55-200.  I'm reluctant to get more primes without IS, because I can't hold them steady any more, and I don't carry a tripod for casual photography.  But, IBIS would make me consider some primes as well.

What about that R5?  Getting 2 new cameras in one year (2021) would give me pause, and is beyond my limit on spending money on "toys."  Whether or not the R5 would improve my landscape and wildlife photographs enough to make it worth it remains to be seen.  But, leaked specs are very interesting.  If I bite, would I replace my ef-L lenses?  I'd probably get a RF24-70 L or 24-105 L and a RF100-400 L (to access the IBIS).  The 100-500 sounds interesting depending on IQ and the f-stop at 400mm.  Otherwise I would be inclined to adapt my other lenses.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow