System Limits

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
leonski Regular Member • Posts: 283
System Limits

I see some few who don't like this or that about a given camera.    I'm intentionally avoiding 'specifics'.

I've just done the 2.2 firmware update in my Z6 and tested, quickly for sure, the autofocus and it snapped into the subjects eyes and locked.    Nice.    I'll do something more ambitious on Saturday.

But my point is that you have 2 interlocking systems here.

First is the machine.   It will have limits.   As does the computer that runs it.

Second is the firmware / program which allows the computer to 'run' the camera.

My point is that given system limits you might NOT be able to 'fix' something which is inherently a machine limit.    Camera has huge number of focus points, 2 major modes of operation and additional features, like area and some 'expert' features....like eye focus.

But you'll never get away from inherent limits.    Perhaps shutter vibration or memory bus speed when doing rapid motor sequences.    The new CFExpress is FAST.   No question about it.   But how fast is the internal Bus?

I'm learning something new everytime I sift thru the book.    And some of the workarounds I may assign to one of the USER settings.     I'm still deciding on the 3, which in addition to the normal automation should keep me busy for quite a while.

leonski's gear list:leonski's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon 85mm F1.8G Nikon Z 24-70mm F4
Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow