Another case of the E-M5iii tripod mount failing

Started 3 days ago | Discussions thread
Gnine Senior Member • Posts: 1,182
Re: Plastic-c-c-c-c-c-c

LoneTree1 wrote:

Except there are no long-fibre plastics used in "civilian" cameras. Only professional video camera bodies, that I've seen.

I’m not sure what Nikon & Canon use in theirs, but I’ve yet to hear of breakages due to just being transported. Nikon make mention of Carbon Fiber in some of their advertisements, Canon only mention Fiber reinforced. I have absolutely zero qualms in owning CaNikon plastic cameras, but I think I’d have to think very carefully about an m5III.

For the life of me I can’t understand why Olympus would do this to themselves. They have full knowledge that the eyes of the camera world will be firmly fixed on the performance of their new construction method, waiting for the smallest slip up, and they turn around and shoot them selves in both feet. Not content with just one. For heavens sake, over engineer the first couple of models to gain consumer confidence, before cutting too many corners. It simply defies belief that this is happening.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow