EM1 MKiii - Buying a new camera / upgrading / not

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
3dwag
3dwag Veteran Member • Posts: 4,324
Re: EM1 MKiii - Buying a new camera / upgrading / not

DLBlack wrote:

I stopped by the local camera store and pre-ordered the E-M1 Mkiii. I currently own the Pen F, E-M1.2 and the E-M1X. The E-M1.2 has over 200,000 shutter activations, so it is a high mileage camera. The E-M1.2 didn't geta lot of use after I brought the E-M1X. The E-M1X is a noticeably better camera than the E-M1.2, so the E-M1X got used more. Even when I would rather have a smaller camera like the E-M1.2. The new E-M1.3 looks to be a more refined E-M1.2 with most of the performance of E-M1X.

Although I don’t own the EM1X, I have handled it in a pre-release demo, and was duly impressed but not quite what I needed given my slightly more meager requirements and lens kit. 😉

I am in Group 2 (sort of), and earlier today at my local dealer traded in my EM5ii and preordered the EM1iii, taking advantage of Olympus’ $200 discount with their Trade In Trade Up deal.

My EM1ii will soon become 2nd fiddle to my new EM1iii, with my GM5 still hanging around for those “special” times. I feel blessed indeed to be enjoying such a capable kit!

-- hide signature --

-Dennis W.
Austin, Texas
¯\_|’_’|_/¯
http://www.pbase.com/3dwag/image/97156660.jpg

3dwag's gear list:3dwag's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 II +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Arn
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow