Does the new R5 change your roadmap?

Started 4 days ago | Discussions thread
nnowak Veteran Member • Posts: 5,988
Re: Forget the R5, look at the 24-105mm f/4.0-7.1

justmeMN wrote:

nnowak wrote:

I would not be so worried about the specific health of the M system. I would be worried about the future of all crop sensors cameras from Canon. I am starting to think that Canon has a long term plan to leverage their internal sensor production to push full frame cameras to all levels of the market.

If that was Canon's plan, they wouldn't have bothered making a 32MP APS-C sensor.

Canon does not yet have all of the pieces in place for the future I am predicting.  At a minimum they are missing the rumored full frame body below the RP as well as a couple of pancake primes.  Canon won't put a hard stop on the construction of crop sensor bodies, but the marketplace will quickly ignore them once some of the smaller and cheaper full frame options appear.  The RP and 24-105mm f/4.0-7.1 is basically the same price as the M6 II and 18-150mm kit.  Give the RP the M6 treatment by lopping off the EVF and shrinking the grip and you could easily be under $1000 for the full frame kit.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow