Reception for the 1.3 looks pretty hostile...

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
brentbrent Veteran Member • Posts: 4,236
Re: Reception for the 1.3 looks pretty hostile...

Louis_Dobson wrote:

I wanted hand held high res, virtual ND, a joystick for focus points, and better integration with FT (not MFT) lenses, eye detection on or off on a button.

Score!

Yeah.  The MK III looks like a nice update to me, even though not earthshaking.  I think it's fine for camera companies to release incremental updates.  Hopefully some big advances are yet to come, but the pace seems to be slowing a bit.  Incremental updates are better than none at all.

If I recall correctly, the MK II was released at $2,000 USD, so this release price is more appealing than that.  I just have to wonder whether it is worth 50% more than the G9 at its current price (or if you need the E-M1 for FT lenses, whether it's worth several hundred more than the MK II).  I'm sure for some it will be, so it's good they have that choice.

-- hide signature --

Brent

brentbrent's gear list:brentbrent's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow