Reviewers - Some get m4/3 some don't.

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
amblepath Contributing Member • Posts: 523
Reviewers - Some get m4/3 some don't.

Richard Butler wrote.....

"We can have a discussion about how much the E-M1 III 'should cost' only if you can name another camera that offers a comparable combination of excellent IS, video AF performance, shutter life, weather sealing, usable high-res mode and shooting rate."

That sounds like he gets it.

I always enjoy Gordon Laing's reviews at CameraLabs.  He's quick to explain where the camera doesn't rival the competition but he also explains what kind of effect that would have on your day to day photography. Sometimes very little. He explains for instance why Olympus chose to stick with the same resolution viewfinder as mark ii He wrote,

"But Olympus has stuck with this LCD panel as it reckons it’s the best option for delivering 120fps with progressive scan for maintaining detail on moving subjects with continuous AF, when rival technologies often reduce their detail."

Also enjoyed this video comparison to the Sony A7ii. Seems like he get's it.

https://youtu.be/BBbWNQxqe2k

Actually most of the reviews that I've watched so far have high praise for the new em1iii.

It's mostly  in the comments where you hear the same old tired arguments and prognostication of doom.  There seems to be  certain people who would not only be gleeful if Olympus failed but they would also help drive home the knives.

Personally the new camera came with more than I was expecting.  I think it was the right choice of compromise and inclusion of new features that obviously always has to be made with any new product.

-- hide signature --

Thanks, Mike

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow