Panasonic exposure compensation?

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
alcelc
alcelc Forum Pro • Posts: 12,448
Re: Here it is in the GX85 manual

rashid7 wrote:

alcelc wrote:

Got it.

Dear friend, you pushed the back dial which will take you to EC, which is a redundant feature of GX85.

I said redundant because that it is sort of single dial operation carried over from G1. Until now despite GX7 and GX85 uses a 2 dials control, Panny keeps the pushable feature but has also added with 2 controls to it.

Actually when we are in A or S, it is a default of GX85 to have one dial for aperture/ SS, and the other dial for EC. We just set the job to either front or back dial for our convenience only. So if you assign EC to back dial, just scroll the back dial you will set EC directly. No need to push the Back Dial.

I personally prefer to set EC to the back dial on other models. However, might be a problem of my copy of GX85, I found it quit hard to use the back dial (some reports that had broken it). As EC is the most used features of mine, I set EC to the front dial.

Actually the default is for both dials to do the same thing. You need to go to the custom menu under controls and set EV as the active parameter of one top dial

Might be your are right.

When I get my new camera before doing anything I shall config it to my standard configuration, which include the EC to either the front of back dial. Hence it is very natural to me, or those used to the Panny, on its dual dial operation to have overlook (because it would never happen) the OP's issue.

As being inspired by you, going back to the manual (the parts that I never read) and am shocked to see Panny tells shooter to use the push back dial to enter EC mode... Just a very vague reference to customize the dials in the foot note (in fact it never mention EC ). How can this very obvious choice/natural operation been ignored in a manual for everyone, including new Panny user.  🤔

It seems that it could be better for new users (of a system, a brand, a particular model) to ask here on DPR first before telling them to do RTFM... .

-- hide signature --

Albert

alcelc's gear list:alcelc's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic G85 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow