X-T4 coming with a X-T200 style flippy screen

Started 4 days ago | Discussions thread
nostatic
nostatic Regular Member • Posts: 304
Re: pleasing everyone

Keithpictures wrote:

nostatic wrote:

omar77w wrote:

While I’m usually not picky about this sort of stuff, and think people will “just deal with it,” I think the criticism is warranted here.
Buying a Fujifilm is all about the user experience, and compromising such an important element of it is a meh decision. Especially when the X-T100 mechanism exists, or at least the Sony a6400 (flips upwards).

The flip upward is problematic if you're mounting anything to the hot shoe. Flip down is problematic if you're using a tripod or sitting the camera on a table/etc. Flip to the side can be problematic with cables being plugged in.

I hadn't seen the S-1H screen before - that is a somewhat complex but interesting solution.

No company every makes everyone happy. Some people want a forward-facing screen capability. Some (many?) just want a tilt screen. Some (few?) want a screen that doesn't move at all. No pleasing everyone...

Something that would really please everyone would be to better develop connectivity to smartphones so that connecting (through Bluetooth, WiFi, anything) is super quick and easy, and then being able to use the phone screen as an external monitor.

If that tech were really perfected, youtubers, videographers and selfie takers would not worry nearly as much about the screen facing forward because they could easily frame and check their shot on their phone. Too bad this doesn’t feel evolving at all. It remains a total pain for every company.

Agree - though I will often use my phone as a B-cam so it might not be available for monitoring. Luckily there are inexpensive monitors that can mount to the hot shoe, that's my current solution. But a flippy screen is a cleaner/easier way to go.

The Fuji app is pretty bad IME.

nostatic's gear list:nostatic's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Sony a7 III Fujifilm X-T3 Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow