Z firmware

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
JoeGuide Regular Member • Posts: 137
Re: Z firmware

Bjorn74 wrote:

Is 2.2 the last firmeware for Z6 and Z7? I have a guts feeling that Nikon will not provide more updates.

Nikon needs to take care of the Z owners before they jump ship.

- Nikon needs to update the AF ergonomics.

- Introduce new AF mode. A 3D mode that is a seperat mode that you activate and deactivate with AFON in AF-C mode.

- Make eye-af to work in every mode and increase the AI to find eyes from futher distance. Like Canon and Sony.

Please Nikon!

AF ergonomics can be fixed, and I bet they will.

The 3D mode may not work they way you think.  PDAF does not behave in the same way the DLSR AF modules do.

Eye AF may not work well if you decrease the AF zone, but perhaps they can increase the distance before it kicks in.  That may be a function of the number of MP in the sensors.

I think your best bet is to invest in Thom Hogan's book.  It has a number of useful tips to get the most out of the AF.  I have been photographing fast indoor sports in poor lighting, shooting 1/2000 sec.  I have not really had issues with AF.  Remember that some of the AF performance is a function of the lens.

JoeGuide's gear list:JoeGuide's gear list
Nikon Z6 Sony a6400 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikkor AF-S 300mm f/4E PF ED VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F4
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow