Panasonic exposure compensation?

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
alcelc
alcelc Forum Pro • Posts: 12,448
Re: Here it is in the GX85 manual

brentbrent wrote:

Henry Richardson wrote:

Well, now it is getting really weird. My camera does it and the GX85 manual describes exactly what I am experiencing and yet you don't have it happen on any of your cameras. I have to do steps 1, 2, and 3 as described in the manual.

Wow, that seems bizarre to me. Hopefully Rashid7's reply just above mine has the answer. I'd have to check the manuals of all my cameras to be 100% sure, but I still feel confident I've never seen that "confirm" step.

The GM5 of course only has one control dial, on the back, and you press it in to switch between aperture (or shutter speed) and EC, but when it is in EC adjustment mode, there is no third confirm step:

No, it is for the single dial operation only. For GX7 and GX85 which has 2 dials, the default is difference.

However strange enough Panny has kept the push-able feature of 1 dial operation so it has 2 ways to do EC, either front or back dial, or push the back dial... So I described it as a redundant feature.

-- hide signature --

Albert

alcelc's gear list:alcelc's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic G85 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow