Macro guy wrote:

Steve Balcombe wrote:

Tim O'Connor wrote:

Steve Balcombe wrote:

UK, but I expect others have something similar:

https://www.canon.co.uk/cameras/eos-r5/

To be honest it doesn't say much!

It doesnt sound like the 8K is gimped though:

Commit your best work to stunning 8K video and relish the prospect of exciting new possibilities for creative capture. At such a high resolution, EOS R5 allows you to fully expand the genre of filmmaking and explore dynamic new ways of telling your story.

It's marketing speak, but they do make it sound like 'proper' 8K. I do very little video but the idea of shooting 8K and cropping to 4K in post sounds very appealing. I think it's more important to have very, very good 4K though.

I never understood this obsession with video on a still camera. If you want proper video implementation, then why noy get a proper video camera? Video on a still or hybrid camera will always be compromised.

In what ways is this not a proper video camera? Almost every person I see doing professional video work for weddings or other things like that either used DSLR‘s or mirrorless cameras. They work quite well for that and are much less expensive than c300 type cameras.

For one thing, the ergonomics are off.  The camera's ergonomics are designed for stills, not video.  Secondly, the things that most people ever complain about are video features.  That's like stills photographer complaining that the C3000 doesn't have a flash sync port.

Macro guy's gear list:Macro guy's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow