Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR Serial Number

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
il433 Junior Member • Posts: 37
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR Serial Number

I recently purchased/traded for a used Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR and was wondering if anyone who has purchased a new USA version would tell me if yours has a "US" in front of the serial numbers like my old "G" version does? My "new to me" version does not have a "US" in front of the number; which made me think it may be grey market. And what are the first three serial numbers? My first three numbers are "212".

I called Nikon USA and they said the only way they could tell me if it is a USA or
grey market was to send it in. They couldn't/wouldn't tell me if the new version has the "US" in front of the serial number.

It's really just to satisfy my curiosity because it looks and works great - no regrets either way. It is definitely better in every way (especially sharper, little quicker/more accurate focus) except weight and filter size, than either of my Nikon 24-70 2.8G's. And they are both very good in their own right. Thanks for anyone willing to take the time to look/respond!

il433's gear list:il433's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +6 more
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow