Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
MILC man Senior Member • Posts: 3,732
Re: Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

tqlla wrote:

sportyaccordy wrote:

tqlla wrote:

TRIODEROB wrote:

you guys crack me up - they say that the Rats are first to abandon a sinking ship

all Canon had to do is announce a camera that's more advanced than anything Sony is offing now and you are gone …………………..

I agree that its just specs on paper and I would need to see how it performs.

But I dont see any reason to be loyal to E-mount, when Sony has put hurdles in the way of switching(3FPS, CDAF only video, locked focus modes and areas). If Sony doesnt want me as an E-mount customer, then why should I have any loyalty to them?

The LA-EA3($180) performs worse than the Sigma MC-11, and the LA-EA4($300) is using AF from 2010. On the other hand Canon has native like performance with their adapter, and their adapter($99) is usually included free.

To be fair, to a degree you can't expect Sony to fully support A mount through E mount forever.

When did they ever fully support A-mount to E-mount transition? The MC-11 and Metabones dont have the limitations that the Sony adapters do.

yes, they do have the same limitations as a-mount, since they both emulate laea3 functionality with non-sigma lenses.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow