Expand and Shrink Focus Point size in A7R4

Started 6 days ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ZeeKay New Member • Posts: 5
Expand and Shrink Focus Point size in A7R4

Hi Folks,

I just bought my first Sony camera, the A7R4. I own 4 Fuji cameras (X-T1, X-T20, X-H1 and GFX 50S). I'm adding some diversity with Sony. I mainly shoot landscapes.

In Fuji cameras I can expand the size of the focus square by rotating back dial (that's how I've configured it). It comes in handy to quickly switch between a small focus point or a wide area.

I see that A7R4 have few options for focus point selection. I can switch between Wide, Zone, Center, Flex Spot: M and Expand Flex Spot. The closest to my Fuji setting seems to be the Expand Flex Spot where I can move the focus point with the thumb stick. But I can't seem to figure out how to expand and shrink the size of the focus square/rectangle here. The Wide setting gives me too big of a box to direct the camera focus and default "Expand Flex Spot" doesn't seem to grow or shrink.

How do I expand and shrink the size of the focus box in the "Expand Flex Spot" setting?

Thanks in advance!

ZeeKay

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a7R IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow