overrated Locked

Started 2 months ago | User reviews thread
This thread is locked.
TheWhiteDog Regular Member • Posts: 416
Re: OK, again - I'm always amazed at how... my two cents

I can't say anything bad about my copy, obviously the primes I have are sharper, but they better be. Having said this, I do tend to shoot it at f5.6 so that would help it. My knocks on it more extend to its range, it would be so much nicer if it started at 16mm(but I realize it would be bigger), no problem with it going only to 55mm. And it would be nice if it were weather sealed, but of the lenses I have only the 90mm is. I was really hoping the 16-80mm would have been better than it is. Obviously the 16-55 f2.8 it the way to go if you don't mind the weight, and I might do that at the next sale since I now have a body that has IBIS.

Bottom line: I very much like the 18-55, but if I'm being extra picky I'll use a prime. As a walk around, one lens solution, it and my X-E3 give more than acceptable, in fact, very good to excellent results. Just know it limitations and stop it down a bit.

TheWhiteDog's gear list:TheWhiteDog's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow