Need Lens Recommendations

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dyun27
Dyun27 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,190
Need Lens Recommendations

I'm looking to buy a lens that goes anywhere from 18mm to 300mm, or something in-between. I have the 18-35mm which I love, but it's not long enough. Sharpness and good focus-lock is pretty important, since I won't have a lot of time to set up the shot.

Usually I do a lot of research and reading without asking for help, I found many options, but it's difficult to figure out which lens will be sharpest, on-point throughout the focal range and reliable. That's why I need to hear your experience with whatever you're using. I'll be shooting with a D750 and maybe a D500 on occasion. DX lenses are out, as I want to be able to use the lens on both cameras if needed.

How it will be used: I paraglide and I plan on shooting other pilots from the air as I'm flying around. Sometimes they're flying close to me, sometimes they're far away, and that's why I need the flexibility of a wide to telephoto zoom. Flying with it also means it can't be huge and heavy. I can use both hands for a short time to shoot, but I don't want it to get in the way of launching and landing.

Here I am floating around. You can see my space for camera and lens are limited. I thought about buying a compact with a built-in zoom lens, but I do like having the best image quality possible. On second thought, I'm open to suggestions.

The kind of stuff I'll be shooting.

More here: https://www.dreamsourcestudio.com/SportsPhotography/Paragliding/

Thanks for any help!

-- hide signature --
 Dyun27's gear list:Dyun27's gear list
Nikon D40X Nikon D610 Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +11 more
Nikon D500 Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow