Panasonic exposure compensation?

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
brentbrent Veteran Member • Posts: 4,236
re: physical EC dials

evetsf wrote:

So far your GX85 seems to be working exactly the same as my GX9. One thing that other GX9 users have mentioned here is that the dedicated EC dial on the top plate needs to be turned OFF before the rear dial will work the way you want. The GX85 is probably the same.

GX85 does not have a dedicated physical EC dial.  I think the GX8 and GX9 are the only Panasonic MFT cameras that do

Speaking of that dedicated EC dial, I hope Panasonic is reading this thread because I'm going to make a request for the design of the next GX body: make that dial do something else! Its current assignment is clearly a case of form over function: why limit the Dial to +-3EV EC when the camera does +-5EV but you have to use a different control to go beyond 3? Totally redundant.

Instead, make that thing a drive-mode dial. It's nothing new for Panasonic; they already have drive mode stacked under the exposure mode dial on the G9 and the S1 series, and I find the lack of one on the GX9 rather annoying.

Well, be glad that you can at least configure some other dial to operate EC.  GX8 users are stuck with the dedicated physical dial for EC.   Some like it, but not me.  Like you, I'd prefer no EC dial, even if it could be remapped for some other purpose (?).

-- hide signature --

Brent

brentbrent's gear list:brentbrent's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow