Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
PWPhotography Veteran Member • Posts: 9,304
Re: Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

noggin2k1 wrote:

TRIODEROB wrote:

you guys crack me up - they say that the Rats are first to abandon a sinking ship

all Canon had to do is announce a camera that's more advanced than anything Sony is offing now and you are gone …………………..

"Upon purchasing this Sony camera, you are hereby banned from purchasing any other brand of photographic equipment for the foreseeable future"

Where does it state that when buying my kit? I'm about to change my car - am I also obliged to stay with my current cars manufacturer?

Unfortunately you're all that's wrong with forums; nothing more than an emotional attachment to brands, and offensive to others when embracing the wonderful world of photography outside of your preferred brand.

Sony simply will not stand still but will keep moving forward. Now Sony will speed up, thanks for competition.

Sony will release A7s III and likely A7 IV sometime this year. Sony is developing A9 III and A7r V. Sony is going to release remaining super-tele FE lenses. Sony (also Sigma) likely is also working on f1.2 portrait lenses (I don't desire however as f1.4 is fast enough to me).

Nothing to worry about. Competition only benefits everyone. Personally I have zero reason to switch back to Canon, at least in foreseen future after all these investment.

PWPhotography's gear list:PWPhotography's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Sony a9 Sony a7R III Sony a7R IV Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow