EM1 MKiii - Buying a new camera / upgrading / not

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
mwhyte
mwhyte Regular Member • Posts: 114
Re: EM1 MKiii - Buying a new camera / upgrading / not

I am in the same boat @ahaslett ...Will I go out on release day and buy this camera? ...No...but does that mean I would not like to have this camera...no not at all...on the contrary I very much would like this camera...I have an EM1ii and it is a great camera...but the EM1iii makes a great camera even greater...I can't wait to get it...So I will just wait until the inevitable price job and or sale that will happen in 6 to 12 months, then hopefully I can pick one up at much less than release price...

This does not mean I think Olympus has overpriced its camera...I think camera companies price their new gear high at first to capture the early adopters and recoup some R&D costs...but also so that they can have "sales" and price cuts later on down the road...I am fine with that practice...every tech company does it...

The EM1ii is an evolution to a wonderful camera...HHHR and Live ND will be game changers for my style of shooting...I am very excited to one day get this camera...

mwhyte's gear list:mwhyte's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Arn
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow