First Pics - Nikkor Z 20mmF1.8 & 24-200mmF4-6.3

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
MSullivan Regular Member • Posts: 172
Re: An S-Line level superzoom for 900. Nikkor Z 24-200mm

morinor wrote:

MSullivan wrote:

intport wrote:

Canon is preparing with their R line up with even more affordable super zooms and even better firmware updates for eye-AF.

Sorry, but f/6.3 is where I draw the line (although I'd still rather it was f/5.6). I just can't bring myself to consider an f/7.1 lens, no matter how cheap it is.

Maybe you. But look all those MFT lenses with f/4 (f/8 equivalent) aperture. Their price can be their last fortress. You still always gain 2 stops on the other end.

If you ask me again for that size I prefer to get a zoom lens with shorter focal length or a prime for my FF camera in order to be more flexible with aperture options. I have selected though to have a 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 (24-64mm f/7-11) on a GX80 in order to have a camera in my pocket with a zoom lens.

Everyone has different needs and is free to do whatever they want of course, but for me it feels like once you get to f/8 equivalent you might as well just use your cell phone. Current phone cameras are almost at f/1.4, which is around f/8 equivalent.

MSullivan's gear list:MSullivan's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikkor AF-S 300mm f/4E PF ED VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 35mm F1.8 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jfw
jfw
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow