Does the new R5 change your roadmap?

Started 4 days ago | Discussions thread
thunder storm Senior Member • Posts: 3,434
Re: Does the new R5 change your roadmap?

R2D2 wrote:

The specs on the new R5 look like a it's going to be a real paradigm shifter...

Canon R5 announcement at DPReview

R5 details at B&H

Do you think Canon is moving in a new direction (esp with the inclusion of IBIS)? Will any of these goodies trickle down to the M-System? Will there BE a future M-System? What will your next upgrades be...

I love my M6ii. Nothing else out there is as small and light, with such great bang for the buck. Will there be an M6iii?

R2

2 things are important:

1. the price of the R5 18 months after it's release date

2. if there will be an M5mkII with IBIS and the price of this camera

Furthermore i'm not decided yet how much i need zooms in case of having a dual camera setup. It's not only about product lines evolving here, it's also about me as a photographer changing my shooting habits.

It are my zooms keeping me at M. When i find i don't need zooms so much and the price of the R5 is very good, that will certainly push me to RF.

If i want to keep both of my zooms and the 1. will be very high, while 2 will appear at a very affordable prime, that will keep me at M.

Probably i find i don't need the 70-200 f/2.8 (as i have 105 f/1.4) but i do need a 24-70 f/2.8 i could go with the R5 as my second RF body and pair it with the EF 24-70mm f/2.8 mkII, or the RF 24-70mm f/2.8, and for the latter i could even just buy another R or even the RP and just skip the R5.

For now this is only day dreaming as i am deeply in depth, the prices and precise specs and future M releases are unknown for now, and last but not least, i have so much new toys to play around with i really don't need new gear now to have a lot of shooting fun. All i need is time, good weather and nice shooting occasions. Really looking forward to the birthday of my daughter this month, and praying for some good light. That's what is important for now.

-- hide signature --

M for zooms, RF for primes

thunder storm's gear list:thunder storm's gear list
Canon EOS M50 Canon EOS R Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 35-80mm f/4.0-5.6 III Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow