Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
TRIODEROB Veteran Member • Posts: 3,713
Re: Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

whumber wrote:

TRIODEROB wrote:

ISO 1 Million wrote:

whumber wrote:

Is there anything new in the E-M1iii? Even the new processor appears to just be a higher clockspeed version of the previous processor.

Nope. I have no clue why Fewster thinks the EM1iii is far more interesting when even die hard Olympus and M43 fans are disappointed in it. Same 5 to 6 year old sensor with poor DR and poor high ISO performance, same poor battery life, same low res EVF, same single UHSII slot with the backup being UHS1 only, same body, and probably a lot of other identical and not improved features from the mark ii. Just hop over to the M43 forum and you'll see plenty of disappointment. What the heck is so interesting about it?

The Canon on the other hand is definitely interesting. We don't know the resolution or just how good the AF is for tracking but the inclusion of IBIS, dual card slots, possibly 20 fps with full AE/AF, and finally a proper body with a joystick coupled with the stellar RF lenses makes the R5 very interesting.

and yet they can take images like this - be sure to pixel peep hi-res version

not too bad for a tiny sensor with crappy dynamic range and bad iso

The G9 can certainly take very nice images...but I really don't think this example you posted is a good example of that. This looks like a SOOC JPEG, most of the fine detail has been washed out from overly heavy NR and the highlight rolloff near the window is handled very poorly.

true- but it was literally my first try at hi-rez mode with a 4/3 while eating seafood.

next time it will be edited raw using capture one

anyway back to the original topic ……….what where we saying ???

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow