Oly EM1 Mk3 vs EM5 Mk3

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hobbysh00t New Member • Posts: 1
Oly EM1 Mk3 vs EM5 Mk3

I've read a lot of (p)reviews and watched videos about the new Oly cameras Em1.3 and Em5.3. However, all of them compare these cameras to the Em1.2, or sometimes to the Em1x. I'd be really interested in a head to head comparison of the Em1.3 vs Em5.3. Any thoughts?

Some additional background: I currently shoot with an Em5.1 (yes it's old). I bought it back in 2013 for 6 month travel adventure. I had hoped for the Em1 back then, but couldnt get my hands on one before the trip started, so I went with the Em5. I've been very happy with it since, it's a perfect travel camera for me. I have added a small non-OEM aftermarket grip to help with bigger lenses. In terms of lenses, my 'if I only take one' is the O 12-40 2.8, but by now I have accumulated quite a selection and am thus invested in the system (O 40-150 2.8, O 45 1.8, O 75 1.8, P 20 1.7, P 100-300, O BCL). I am now looking to upgrade and have decided to stick with Olympus... if I am being honest, the biggest driver is the want for a new toy but we have also had a baby, and while the Em5 still suffices, I would like better/faster autofocus once he starts running around. I might also add the 12-100 2.8 at some point in the future.

I am aware that the Em1.3 has a built in grip, and the Em5.3 doesn't, but beyond that, how do they compare?

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow