Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
tqlla Veteran Member • Posts: 5,317
Re: Canon R5 - 8 k & 20 fps camera - there we go - or not?

steviewonder20 wrote:

tqlla wrote:

joger wrote:

So we finally have it .

A real technology competition.

• new developed (40 MP ??) sensor - maybe higher DR and less noise?
  • PRO features
    • dual slot memory
    • 20 fps silent shooting
  • higher end video features

I am happy for the Canon fans we'll have finally the first interesting MILC form competition for the Sony A7R IV and A9 II

I know - there will be lots of sentiment and personal view - i view it as good competition and finally a statement to take MILCs seriously.

Personally I won't switch back to Canon - too late and too little. Now the important question: What will be the price?

What do you guys think?

I can still switch. All I have is a Batis 85mm and adapted lenses. Sonys weak support for the A-mount lenses, means I have little incentive to stay.

What I would be interested in is, how good is the AF, and how bad is the banding/distortion looks using the silent shutter.

If you switch brands every time one leapfrogs another, you’ll be changing every 6 months. This is very good news for Sony owners b/c now Sony has to focus on dealing with real competition for the first time. Instead of simply adding more mp, it will need to address the user experience, base ISO and ergonomics.

Thats a problem for people who are committed to an eco-system. I can switch easily because I am not committed to E-mount, just as Sony hasnt committed to supporting their A-mount users.

Canon has a better migration path for their users, whereas Sony has continually put hurdles in the way of their A-mount users. In addition to this, Sony is on their 4th gen A7 series(A7Riv, A9ii), and still no flip screen, which they could have easily made a thinner/metal version of the A77 articulating screen years ago.

tqlla's gear list:tqlla's gear list
Sony RX1R II Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony Alpha a99 Sony a7R II Sony a99 II +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow