The trend continues

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
Antal I Kozma Senior Member • Posts: 2,998
Re: The trend continues

thetwonk wrote:

IMHO the reason Nikon aren't selling cameras is more to do with sufficiency. The D780 and D850 are amazing cameras capable of truly stunning results. The 2 year product replacement cycle is over as people see no compelling reason to upgrade. I think this is the end of the boom in Digital cameras which was a once in a generation occurrence similar to Film SLR boom of the early eighties. M/L is just a different form factor with its advantages and disadvantages and again is not a compelling move for many Nikon users invested in F mount lenses and / or OVF preference or just cant afford / justify the outlay on a new system. I have kept my DSLRs for 4 years each and in that time I have gone from 12mp DX to 24mp FX x 2 and finally 45mp FX all DSLR and that's enough for me. As the onetime British pri-minister MacMillan once said some 60 years ago - "you've never had it so good" and in truth we haven't.

Very well said. I too believe that we reached some sort of technological saturation point where it almost doesn't matter which decent DSLR a photographer uses. The end results will depend more on the photographer than the camera, being the latest model or a couple of generations older. Same with mirrorless, hype and usability plateaus at one point then after that is "marketing magic" only.

AIK

Antal I Kozma's gear list:Antal I Kozma's gear list
Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Phase One Capture One Pro Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +19 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow