Does the new R5 change your roadmap?

Started 4 days ago | Discussions thread
rrc1967 Contributing Member • Posts: 839
Re: Does the new R5 change your roadmap?

R2D2 wrote:

The specs on the new R5 look like a it's going to be a real paradigm shifter...

Canon R5 announcement at DPReview

R5 details at B&H

Do you think Canon is moving in a new direction (esp with the inclusion of IBIS)? Will any of these goodies trickle down to the M-System? Will there BE a future M-System? What will your next upgrades be...

I love my M6ii. Nothing else out there is as small and light, with such great bang for the buck. Will there be an M6iii?

R2

I've always wondered if one of the reasons the M5II got delayed was because IBIS was pending.

The only thing I've ever heard was that the M5 Mark II was "delayed" I've never really heard from anywhere that it was "cancelled". Of course we've all heard that the M6 Mark II replaces the M5 and M6. however that doesn't mean that the M5 Mark II may not show up at later date.  if any statement was made it was always in the current tense because canon is wiggly like that. they never devulge future plans.  I know Craig from CR has a source that states there's no M5 Mark II... so we'll see.

This, of course, is a question that will be asked of Canon in two weeks "Does the M6 Mark II (as I hold it up in my hands) completely replace the M5?" followed by holding up the EVF and the flash and asking "what do i do now?". Okay, I'll probably be more polite than that.

it would make sense for Canon to take on the other flagship APS-C bodies if they felt the need to - and that would require IBIS. It would also explain why Canon gave a weird answer to M5 Mark II questions the past 6 months. it's not as if they could say it's delayed because of IBIS.

this camera? R5? doesn't interest me. The EOS R5s .. I'll be all over that.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow