EM1 MKiii - Buying a new camera / upgrading / not

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
Henry Stamm Veteran Member • Posts: 3,170
Re: EM1 MKiii - Buying a new camera / upgrading / not

I'm in another group entirely--one who is interested in hearing/reading about new offerings, but has no money to buy   In my case, my em1.2 works just fine, is only up to 40,000 clicks after 3 yrs of use, and all my 4/3 lenses work perfectly well with it.   I purchased a PL 12-60 at the same time I bought the camera 3 yrs ago and I recently purchased a Sigma 30mm f1.4 when it was on a deep discount.  So I really don't need any more lenses.  The new f4 Pro lens doesn't make any sense to me at all, since my PL 12-60 covers a wider range and is faster overall.  And to me, it's small and light weight enough that I don't consider size/weight a relevant factor.

Even considering another system is completely out of the question--I can't afford to replace lenses.  I don't need to upgrade the camera itself for what I shoot.  That said, if money circumstances change in the next couple of years, I might be interested in picking up a low-mileage 1x.  But then again, maybe not.

Henry Stamm's gear list:Henry Stamm's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-35mm 1:2.0 SWD +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Arn
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow